How to make a great business voicemail greeting
1. Do not begin with the “Your call is very important to us…” This phrase is overused and can be “turn off” to callers.
2. Let the customer know whose voicemail they have reached.
What business, department, or person are they leaving a message for?
3. Apologize that you cannot take their call right now.
4. Invite your customer to leave a message.
5. Let your customer know when they can expect a return call.
Follow through with a call back!
6. List any additional options that are available to your customer.
Does website provide meaningful information? What is the web address? Are there additional numbers for them to call in case of an emergency?
7. Avoid giving out too much information.
Keep it simple!
8. Keep your voice message short and sweet.
An optimal recording is about 25 seconds.